Friday, March 5, 2010

Day 1

Ok so I must admit that on my first run I was feeling the full effect of gravity with every step! I discovered that I haven't actually run on pavement in 10 years! That's right....ten! How crazy is that!?! So I've done some cardio on the elliptical and occasionally on a treadmill but I forgot what the pavement felt like. Youch!

As I was plodding along (after working my third night shift in a row and directly after having breakfast with my family, mind you-I know..real smart, right?) I thought "real great idea. Tell people you're starting a running program, invite them to join in and then start a blog! Awesome! What better way to experience public humiliation than via Blog!" I was convinced about ten minutes into this thing that I had made a mistake and that as soon as I walked in the door I was going to blog you all my running resignation! So obviously I got over that urge and am currently still intending to follow the plan...although there are only two days left in the week and I still have to do two more days this week....someone hand me a calculator!

I talked wiht a few people starting the program this week via text and for fun asked them to text me their one word summary after their first run. The answers were: "Bummer" and "Bullshit". Well folks...there you have it...honesty! I invite all of you to post your one word summary here also.

Alright...well best of luck to everyone as we near the end of week 1. I'll let you know how things go after run #2!

No comments:

Post a Comment